One way that nature might alert you to the fact that your dog needs medical treatment is via his or her poor breath.

Around 90% of dogs with bad breath have it because they haven’t had their teeth cleaned, but the remaining 10% could have a life-threatening condition. Have you heard that canine bad breath is known as the “silent killer”?

Dental hygiene is just as essential for your dog breath as it is for you. You probably brush twice a day at the very least. In the same way that you brush your teeth, it’s also beneficial to give Fido a daily tooth brushing.

Getting your dog used to the toothbrush and toothpaste will be much simpler if you start the process at a young age. Before beginning a teeth-brushing routine, it is important to get your senior dog’s teeth cleaned professionally.

As a first step, pick a toothbrush with gentle bristles. It’s up to you whether you want to use a human toothbrush or one you bought at the pet store. You can also find them in the possession of some veterinarians.

Invest in a canine-specific brand of toothpaste. Human toothpaste has ingredients that can be toxic to dogs and should be avoided at all costs.

The best way to get your dog used to having his teeth brushed is to do it at a regular time every day. If you do this just before taking your puppy on a walk, having some playtime, or taking him swimming, he will look forward to those activities.

To begin, give the dog some time to grow accustomed to the toothpaste’s flavor. You might test out a little amount on the tip of your finger. Feel the dog’s gums with the tip of your finger. You can use toothpaste on the brush once the dog is accustomed to the flavor.

At first, focus on the upper jaw, which is located in the back of the mouth. Plaque under the gum line can only be reached by gently angling the brush upward. Brush forward from the back using gentle, circular motions. flip it over and do it again.

The lower set of teeth should be worked on next, and again, you should begin at the back and move forward.

If at all possible, you should clean the dog’s teeth every day. If your dog hates having its teeth brushed, you should still try to do it at least twice a week. Stay strong. As time goes on, your dog may grow much more receptive to the tooth-brushing routine.


Rinsing your dog’s mouth with a product that is safe for canines is possible with any number of items available at pet shops and online. It is also possible to utilize natural therapies, such as colloidal silver, which kills germs.

Even while it’s worth it to clean your dog’s teeth, not every dog will be healed of bad breath. There will always be some that need the odd trip to the vet for a thorough cleaning. Know that your dog will need anesthetic for a professional teeth cleaning.

Schedule an appointment with the vet if you notice that a regular routine of cleaning the dog’s teeth does not alleviate the odor. Possible causes of stinky bad breath in dogs range from minor to life-threatening conditions.

Greenies and Other Dog Treats: the Perfect Way to Get Rid of Dog Farts

Greenies, bully sticks, and other dental treats are convenient options for pet parents who don’t clean their dogs’ teeth on a regular basis.

Dental care is often neglected, despite its importance to a dog’s overall health. Tooth decay, chipping, and breaking are all problems that may affect a dog’s teeth just as they can affect a human’s.

After the age of two, every dog should have his or her teeth cleaned around once a year by a veterinarian. If owners are prepared to wash their dogs’ teeth once a month, they may delay these visits.

Offering dental goodies like Greenies and bully sticks is the simplest option. Good oral hygiene may be maintained with the use of dental treats, which can increase saliva production and completely eradicate foul breath.

Dog bully sticks, comprised of beef and other natural components and meant to encourage thorough cleansing while the dog works the toy in his mouth, are available at many pet supply shops.

Greenies are another well-liked dental snack. These distinctly green soluble dental chews are formulated with readily digested proteins to remove plaque and tartar from dogs’ teeth and freshen their breath.

The latest and greatest version of it has a rethought layout with more organic transition points. The dog-friendly bite points make it simple for canines to break off chunks that digest quickly once swallowed.

Greenies, like other natural dog treats, are packed with healthy vitamins and minerals and include no artificial preservatives, tastes, or colorings.